Unemployed workers seeing Stimulus tax relief

Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, object given in /home/content/32/8719932/html/_blog/_2009stimulus/wp-content/plugins/yet-another-related-posts-plugin/includes.php on line 308

Starting in May 2009 unemployed workers that have been laid off in either 2009 or through mid 2010 will see an increase in their weekly unemployment checks due to the 2009 stimulus package.

The federal stimulus package signed into law by President Obama allocated money to increase the unemployment benifits of everyone in the America durning these tough economic times by increasing the weekly pay by $25/week.

This extra money will help workers get through until they are able to find a new job and resume work.

This entry was posted in Obama, Stimulus and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Unemployed workers seeing Stimulus tax relief

1. Mary Rogers says:

I am not too sure that everyone is bennifitting this year from this Stimulus fund. What about us single mothers that are now unemplyeed and not recieving unemployment checks. I work all year for nothing and somehow this year find the only way to slio through the cracks again. I have supported Obama until now.

2. charlene lust says:

I didn’t receive a check yet.will I get a check

3. Wilma says:

yes the extra $25 a week is good but $100.00 is still taken out for taxes, and I am still struggling to make car note and rent, insurance,lightbill. My car is the onl outside bill I really have. I feel like a crack addict and I am trying to do right. Our insurance was cancelled immediatley, after being laid off. I work for a supplier to Chrysler,

4. jennifer kraai says:

will people recieving unemployment also get a one time stimulus check of $250??

@jennifer Those on unemployment will not be receiving a 2009 stimulus check. Those on unemployment are getting other unemployment benefits.

6. Melissa says:

$25 extra a week is not enough to help pay the bills. I got laid off June 1 of this year and am on the verge of living in my car or under a bridge with a 14 yr old son. There just isn’t any jobs out there! I’m overqualified for half of the one’s I’ve applied for, the others just aren’t hiring. So what am I supposed to do? I have already tried welfare and was told I make too much with unemployment. I receive $194 a week (with the $25 added), but my rent and utilities amount to more than that. I’m at a loss here and have never had any problems getting a job until now. Any suggestions??

7. Helen says:

I had a job. I was laid off d/t no fault of mine I started to receive unemployment checks. I then didn,t get them beacuse for some reason the place was contesting it. I applied again for the whole month of September and then I started another job I was working and fell and broke my wrist. I was terminated because I didn’t work there long enough I could not get disability ins or any help from the social services because I made too much money @ the new job. I can’t get unemployment because I didn’t work long enough. Where is my help? There people that get all kind of help who are lying about there situation. On disabelity when there are to fat and lazy to work. I might loose my house because of don’t have money and can’t get money from the social services unless I sign over my house. NOT HAPPENING

8. nikole rios says:

I still would like to know if I would get one this year. Because I didnt recieve one last year in 2008 because I didnt work enough. So please let me know if I get one PLEASE … THANK YOU Nikole RIOS