No Checks for this year’s Stimulus Bill

Unlike the 2008 Stimulus checks under the Bush Administration, there will be no Stimulus Checks for the 2009 Stimulus Bill being signed by Obama today in Denver.

The relief for people this year is coming in the form of a tax rebate, enough that will add $500 to someone’s take home pay over the course of the entire year.  As opposed to the Bush check that gave up to $600 dollars per person and $300 per minor to every person in America.

The core of the Stimulus bill is to ensure that there are jobs available for upgrades to infrastructure.  Like the $120 Billion set aside for “Shovel Ready” Highway and infrastructure projects.   (“Shovel Ready” means projects that could start within 2 months of receiving money from the Stimulus Bill).

The rest of the prime incentives for the American people are for those on Unemployment who will see there benefits extended through the rest of 2009 and getting a helping hand to pay for Cobra to make sure that they have health insurance while they are looking for work.

Even as the stimulus bill is being signed today, the primary draw back for most Republicans is the lack of small business incentives.

This entry was posted in Obama, Stimulus. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to No Checks for this year’s Stimulus Bill

1. KATIE says:

what if your company is shutting down? How does that affect the cobra stimulus plan for me?

I think you should be fine, and you should still receive the benefits of the COBRA parts of the Stimulus Package. Because COBRA is government run for everyone, and it isn’t run by your company. It is associated with the Unemployment Benefits department.

3. calvin says:

I was depending on the stimulus check this year because it really help me last your and now that i have a new born baby

4. Ebony Morgan says:

Well, i just lost my job because me and my daughter had very bad flu’s. But my question is to is how will i get my stimulus or will i still earned my stimulus?

5. Toni says:

What if I worked in 2008 and filed my 2008 taxes and I don’t work now and don’t get unemployment benefits. Do I get something back from the stimulus since I don’t word now or am I left out?

6. Breanna says:

If we lost our job and are not on unemployment benefits, how will the new stimulus plan affect us?

7. Juanita says:

What if u dont have a job how will u get it..

8. tony beebe says:

what about those who got denied unemployment and can’t find a job where is our money we need the extra 500 to 1000 dollars as well but we wont get it will we

There are alot of people out there in your situation. Just be resourceful and try and come up with anything you can to tide yourself through this recession. And maybe consider a career change as well.

10. Heather says:

SO DOES THIS MEANS THAT EVERYONE THAT DOES NOT WORK WILL NOT GET ANY MONEY? wHY CAN’T YOU GUYS JUST SEND OUT CHECKS LIKE LAST YEAR? THAT REALLY HELPED US POOR PEOPLE.

11. mark says:

i was just wondering if where are going get a check in the mail like we did last year. i dont understand any of the stilums stuff

12. g says:

It sucks that people are working there butts off get screwed while people sitting on their butts drawing welfare gets money for nothing and insurance and I can’t even afford insurance…job well done to our president!!!!

Only those on unemployment and social security income are getting $250 2009 stimulus checks this year. Everyone else is getting just the tax rebate worth about $20/week.

Check out this article for more information on the $250 2009 Stimulus Check

14. essie says:

I would like to know can the government take your stimulus check
    for a sixteen year old debt? I am
    a 60 year old on disability my check
    I get is just enough to pay my bills
    get my medicine. I want to know because it happen to me.

@essie This 2009 stimulus checks that are being sent out aren’t for any old debts? I don’t understand your question. these checks are for those that aren’t getting the tax rebates.

16. karina cruz says:

What about the ones that work and get cash? what would happen to them? are they going to get a check for the full amount?

And last year I did not get a check for my baby, how come?

@Karina Were you the parent who claimed your baby on your tax return for the 2007 year thus getting a 2008 stimulus check for him/her?

18. Debra Diggs says:

I think its better to send out checks.